RE: BCW Roll Call

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: BCW Roll Call
From: Tom Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 15:00:40 -0700 (PDT)
My GT6 is on the road about 1/2 the days of the week.    I have to drive
some of the others from time to time to keep up the battery and my reason
for owing them.

This week will be all Triumph though.   I know one fellow who is a full time
Sprite driver.  Although we travel the same road each morning at ABOUT the
same time I only see this car (and him) occationally.   Hope to this week
for a bit of a special wave hello.

Also, there are two mid 70's Spits here in Lakeside California.   I see both
the red one and the white one quite a bit.   Saw a very good looking TR6,
White, two days ago in El Cajon on Second street.   Very clean.   seemed to
be a bit faster than my poor old low compression, detuned, '72.     Made me
think that I really should get the head off and do valves and plane that
thing off for a good 9.5:1 or so.   Might as well get rid of the Strombergs
then and get something with some low RPM kick.   But then the rings are a
bit tired too, sooo....

Thomas Howard
LUSD, (619) 390-2627
('72 Triumph GT-6; and a good bit of USA iron)