Re: BCW Roll Call

Subject: Re: BCW Roll Call
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 13:58:59 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Well, the TR6 finally made it back onto the road yesterday for a short
time, so I guess I just barely made British Car Week.  For the record,
Last spring the throwout bearing went out, causing the clutch to jam.
First I didn't have enough money to replace it.  Then I didn't have the
time.  So it was January before I got around to replacing it.  Once I got
it replaced, I found the clutch still wouldn't disengage.  This was
eventually discovered to be caused by one of the pressure plate tabs
having broken off and lodged itself in between the diaphragm and the
plate itself, preventing any movement of the plate.  As if this couldn't
be bad enough, the reverse pin broke because the clutch wouldn't
disengage, so I had the reverse gear floating around and getting in the
way.  This couldn't be replaced without dismantling the entire
transmission.  So off it went to the mechanic, and finally got back in
yesterday.  More officially, I drove it to work today, but I assume I
missed the deadline.
I don't know if any other list members are in the Bloomington, Indiana,
area, but there are several nice LBC's that pop up from time to time
around here, including one yellow-orange TR6 which I saw yesterday after
not seeing it for a while.
Pleased to be back on the road,
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored, but having fun)