Ummm, TWO Fuel Filters??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ummm, TWO Fuel Filters??
From: STEVEN_E.JABLON@roche.com
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 08:13 -0500 (EST)
     Good Morning!

     I am curious if it is normal to have TWO inline fuel filters in a '76
     TR6.  My TR6, which I bought last August, has a fuel filter before the
     carbs and then another before the fuel pump.  In replacing the two
     filters, the one before the fuel pump was full of this fine rusty-
     looking silt.  Perhaps, an indication of problems in the tank?

     Is this overkill?  Are the two absolutely necessary?  Am I correct in
     assuming that I may get rid of the one before the fuel pump?

     As always, I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

     Have a great day!
     Steven J.
     1976 TR6
     CF51777U