Re: Problems with Rimmer Bros, or a Missing Order

To: npenney@erols.com (Nolan Penney)
Subject: Re: Problems with Rimmer Bros, or a Missing Order
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 97 8:15:32 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Nolan,

        I also had a bad experience with ordering from Rimmer, but it was UPS's
fault and not theirs.  Rimmer shipped my order four days after I had
ordered it.  The key to ordering from anyone who is sending things UPS is
to get the tracking number of the package.  THen you can plug it into
UPS's web site to see where it is.

        UPS got my pack from England to Phil. in about 4-5days, it then went
from Phil to NY and NY to Long Island.  Then it sat in a depot for a few
days.  I called ups to try to figure out why it was sitting in a depot
but they couldn't tell me.  Then it gets marked as Opened/Damaged!  I
call UPS's main office to point this out to which they agree something
has gone wrong and they will investigate, I should call back tomorrow.  I
call back tomorrow and they tell me the person who said to call back
tomorrow was wrong and it will take 3-5 days to determine what is wrong.
I call back 4 days later and they tell me that they have no idea what is
wrong and no one has actually marked the package for investigation.  This
person now tells me she will put a trace on the package.  5 minutes later
I check their web site with the tracking number and sure enough the
package is now marked for a trace (thank goodness).  3 days later I call
again and am told the package was indeed damaged by them.  I question
them as to why a damaged package sat in a depot for over 3 weeks now with
no one doing a thing about it, and why it took me to make several calls
before something was done.  They have no answer, but apologize.  I tell
them to send the package back, and call Rimmers to cancel the order.
Rimmer was very understanding and gave me no problem.

        Two weeks later (6 weeks after I had placed the order) UPS shows up at
my door with the damaged package!  DELIVERY REFUSED.

        Sorry for the long message put the point is I wouldn't of been able to
track any of this without the tracking number.  Rimmers will e-mail you
the tracking number no problem.  TRF, MOSS, and BPC are also no problem
with giving you the tracking number.

Later,
JHD IV