Re: tr6 fan belt

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tr6 fan belt
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 17:23:01 -0400
Hello Peter and many others,

Since Joe S. and others mentioned the movement possible with a change
of motor mounts, you could use that to your advantage.  I think this
same question came up almost a year ago.  Here's one place you can
use the Big Stick approach and do no harm, it seems to me:

Locate Big Stick against engine block, motor mount, or other non-
fragile surface near front of engine.  Gently lean or pry enough to
move motor/trans rearward on mounts until fan belt can be pulled
thru now-wider gap; if safely located, leaning on Big Stick could
be accomplished one-handed, by your bikini-clad Object of Affection,
while she holds your 40-ounce Olde English 800 in her other hand.

This surely beats removing front tube cross-member, jacking, etc.
Worked for me, YMMV, try at your own risk, etc.  etc...

Tom Tweed
SW Ohio
'72 TRident 750cc  basket case
'68 TR-250  (sold)