Re: tr6 fan belt

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tr6 fan belt
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 21:02:06 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-04, Peter Zaborski wrote:

<< Is is true that in order to remove and refit the fan belt you have to
 loosen this cross-member?!?  >>

Peter:

I didn't remember having to remove anything the last time I changed the fan
belt, but just to be sure, I went out to the garage and did a "dry-run" with
a spare belt. It went on with no problems at all. Clearance arount the
cross-member was minimal, but adequate. No problem at all around the steering
rack, or other components. FWIW, mine is a '71. It took all of 15 seconds to
get the belt in place.

Who knows, maybe all the tolerances added up in the right way on mine!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN