Re: TRF tech line...not v. nice

To: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Subject: Re: TRF tech line...not v. nice
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 18:44:11 -0500
Cc: Marcus Tooze <mtooze@tan.unl.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I see this discussion rapidly turning into a flame-fest.  I don't
think it will benefit any of us if that happens -- I was starting
to think that such flame-fests were getting to be a thing of the
past on this list.

>From my perspective, Marcus wasn't making unreasonable requests of
TRF.  The person on the phone could have done either of the
following, and probably still kept a customer:

  1) say "NO" in a courteous fashion.  Possibly something
     like "I'm sorry, Mr. Tooze, but I don't have that information
     directly in front of me, and am not particularly familiar with
     TVRs.  I would like to be able to help you out, but, as a matter
     of practice, we don't measure parts for callers.  You may be
     able to find the information you need from Gene Bird or a
     TVR dealer.  I'm sorry, but I really can't do anything more
     to help you; if you can find the part number you need, we'll
     be happy to send it out to you."

  2) if the person is simply too busy at the moment, something
     like "I can't get that information for you right now, but
     if you give me your name, number, and customer #, I can have
     that information checked tomorrow morning before we hit our
     busy ordering hours, and give you a call back."

I'd rather try to keep out of a "vendor-bashing" thread if at all
possible.  Different people have had different experiences with each
of the vendors, and each vendor has good and bad days...

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com