Re: TRF tech line...not v. nice

To: "Ken Streeter" <streeter@sanders.com>, "Marcus Tooze" <mtooze@tan.unl.edu>
Subject: Re: TRF tech line...not v. nice
From: "Bill and Sal Birney" <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:33:01 +1100
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>  It is difficult for companies to correct their customer service
> problems
> if those in a position to do something about it (senior management)
> don't
> find out.  Letting us on the list may help somewhat, but won't help TRF
> fix the problem. There are so few dedicated parts suppliers left that
> I'm
> now of the  opinion that we should try to aid them in their quest to
> provide better service.

To quote Andy Mace a couple of days ago "Into Soapbox mode"

I have to agree with Ken.

The Rimmers sales team could tell you of my recent disgust with their
service. I sent a rocket via E-mail after they "neglected" to send an
important part (by airmail too!), in the hope that it would not happen
again (not just to me, but too all customers) as this is a strong
foundation of the business I am involved in.

Their response showed that they did listen to complaints, and that is
important.

I don't know TRF at all (bit too far away), however it would seem that they
are one of the largest suppliers over there. In that case the LBC community
should support them, by helping them to understand their customers needs
(Oh no, I thought I was at home- seem to have slipped back into work
mode!!), and directing your flames at them directly (via mail or call and
ask for a senior manager), rather than gripping here, which just tarnishes
their name (possibly justified), however it doesn't make it any better the
next time you have to shop there.

Bill and Sal Birney
'70 GT6+ (RHD)
'67 Spitfire MkII (restoration)