Re: Distributor

To: rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net
Subject: Re: Distributor
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 17:47:06 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Charlie - I ran an Allison (since buoght out be Crane) electronic ignition
 in my '72 Spit for years in a way that was reversable. If you cut off the
 pin on the breaker plate leaving the larger diameter portion intact, then
 drill and tap a hole in it for I think either a #6 or #8 screw. You can then
 put the point back in a secure it with said screw.

Ralph,

Thanks for the additional info. Fortunately, I left the peened portion of the
post intact. Drilling and tapping that solid brass for a #6 or #8 maching
screw sounds like a real good idea. That's the only thing that kept me from
converting for such a long time. Electronics in cars scare me. When they
work, they're great. When they don't, it gets tougher diagnosing problems.
Broken points you can see! I do seem to get a hotter spark from the Crane
though.

Thanks again,
Charlie B.