1500 manifold Gaskets

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 manifold Gaskets
From: "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 17:10:29 +0100
Oops, Sorry...

I think some confusion has slipped in here.  Here in the UK we have twin SU
carbs, no cat. converter and high octane leaded fuel.

The gasket that goes regularly is the manifold to downpipe gasket, NOT the
Manifold to head gasket.

It is a simple matter to unscrew the nuts, lower the downpipe and insert a new
gasket, nothing else needs touching.

I understand that the US spec cars have different configurations and aren't
neccesarily going to suffer the same problems.

Sorry to have alarmed anyone,

Chris.

--
-- 1977 Spitfire 1500...Everyday/Only Driver.