Re: Distributor

To: FNSortwell@aol.com
Subject: Re: Distributor
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 21:20:12 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<<
 Does anybody have experience with using the Mallory dual point as a
 replacement for the Luca distributor?  Even Moss seems to think it is a good
 idea.  I'm not that concerned about appearence, just performancee.  How
 difficult is it to put in.  I understand there's some fitting? and drilling?
 to do.  Thanks, Fred '64 TR4 >>

Fred,

I installed a Mallory dual point on by Spit 1500 engine. It's worked fine for
the last 6 or 7 years. About 4 months ago I did gut it and installed a Crane
XR700 to give me a little hotter spark. If you're looking for a dead reliable
replacement for the Lucas, Mallory is a good choice.

The only thing you'll need to do is drill the bottom of the new distributor
shaft to accept the drive dog and roll pin from your current Lucas unit.

That's about it,
Charlie B.