Re: Distributor

To: jarrow@saskmaple.net
Subject: Re: Distributor
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 19:47:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Charlie.......what is involved in replacing the dual-points with an
Allison
 (Crane) electronic unit in the Mallory dist??. I've got the Mallory
 installed in my Weber-powered Spit and would like to stop adjusting points
 etc. TIA.

Jeff,

I called Crane directly and asked them just that. The guy said no problem for
the Mallory 2300 or 2400 series distributor. You need XR700 kit # -700-0252
(if you can believe, it's for a 4 cylinder Fiat - oooh man!). They were able
to sell me the whole kit for $92.88 and they covered shipping, and threw in
one of their catalogs to boot.

If you already have a Crane ignition you can simply buy the shutter wheel for
a couple of bucks - again part # 0252.

Unfortunately, the pivot posts for the points have to be removed to
accommodate the shutter wheel, so there's no going back to points. Unless,
that is, you order another points plate from Mallory.

That's about it,
Charlie B.