Re: Spitfire Exhaust Man Gasket?

To: Dennis McAllister <svrx@c2i2.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Exhaust Man Gasket?
From: "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:28:39 +0100 "Spitfire Exhaust Man Gasket?" (Aug 25, 12:43pm)
Dennis,

All spit 1500s blow manifold-to-downpipe gaskets at three monthly intervals,
its in the handbook under "design-fault"  I replace mine three to four times a
year, and so does everybody else I know.  They're cheap enough, but it's a
pain.  The only known cure is to put a different manifold on the car, such as
those from MOSS (triumph-tune) T.S.S.C., John Kippings, etc.

If you decide to just change the gasket as I do, invest in some brass nutts to
replace the steel ones, it makes removal much easier next time.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

--
-- 1977 Spitfire 1500...Everyday/Only Driver.