Body (Car silly !) work hints please

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Body (Car silly !) work hints please
From: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com (Pat Leask)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 19:04:39 -0700
Okay, the MINI my wife bought a couple of weeks ago that was going to sit
for a year or two is now fully stripped.....(I waited two days, honest !)

Can anyone please give me some hints on doing rust repair ? I'm new to this
type of thing in cars.

After a chunk of rust is cut back to good metal, a patch has to be put in
place. The patch I assume goes UNDER the panel surface ? Brazed on and
ground down the filled, sanded etc ?

For things such as floor pans that get carpet, does the patch still go under ?

I plan on cutting out the old, and cutting out the new patch about 1/2"
bigger all around, pop rivet it in and then call my welding buddy. Is this
okay ? Yes, I'll use metal rivets...

Thanks, Pat
1966 TR4 A