TR6: replacement brake holes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6: replacement brake holes
From: Kirk Steward <kdstewar@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 18:34:09 -0700
I guess that I should introduce myself as I have been reading the list
for over a year now.  My name is Kirk and I have a 1976 TR6 (BRG) without
OD.  I am just completing the restoration of the interior which was
partially necessitated by a leaking brake master cylinder.  I am
currently reinstalling brass-sleeved brake master cylinder and vacuum
servo.  Additionally, I am replacing the flexible rubber brake hoses.
Which leads to my question.  The braided stainless steel covered brake
hoses (Goodridge) come with copper crush washers.  The hoses which I
removed did not have crush washers.  Am I correct in assuming that the
washers are not needed because the metal pipes are flaired?  I would sure
appreciate any advise offered.

--
Kirk Steward  Davis, California, USA
E-Mail:  kdstewar@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us