Re[2]: Body (Car silly !) work hints please

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com, dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca (David Williams)
Subject: Re[2]: Body (Car silly !) work hints please
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 15:57:10 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
     Dave Wiliams wrote:

     >  "Do not use the term braze with body work...."

     Dave's intervention was a most useful/helpful bit on working the rust
     areas of LBCs...however, those of us who love and drive GT-6s will
     immediately recognize the error in the statement he makes...since the
     factory actually "brazed" a number of parts on the GT-6.

     For my money, brazing probably is an acceptable alternative to welding
     where strength isn't the primary consideration, and where "filling" is
     one of the important issues...sort of like using brass/bronze in lieu
     of lead to finish welded joints and/or repairs.  Certainly is easier
     to work....?????

     PMCQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6