Re[2]: TR6 seatbelts

To: Randell.Jesup%scala.com_at_internet_gateway@ccmgate1.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: TR6 seatbelts
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 96 15:18:00 PDT
Text item:

Mentioned this once before, but it's worth repeating.  Needed 3 point belts
for the longest time for my '73 GT6.  It origionally came with them but had
been removed by the previous owner.  I had gotten non-retracable belts from
another GT6, but still wanted the retractable type.  After years of looking
for Triumph belts I gave up and started looking for alternatives during my
trips to the pick and pull yards.  I found some belts from a late model RX7
that fit perfectly and were like brand new. $12 for the pair.  If you're
going from 2 point to 3 point, you'll have to make a hole as someone
described below.

Mike

>alarmist, but these are the facts. I have installed the 3-point inertia
>reel belts (Securon) in my car and find them very convenient. You will have
>to mount the reel on the wheel house which requires drilling a hole and
>fitting a backing plate, but other than that, a straight-forward
>installation. I recommend it.

     What _are_ the options for 3-point belts for early TR6's?  (1970)
I have stock lap belts, and I feel quite aware that in a significant accident
my tall upper body is likely to become better acquainted with the windshield
and it's frame (even worse).

Text item: External Message Header

riumph.cs.utah.edu" at Aug 8, 96 2:35 am