Re: 74 TR-6 thermostatic switch

To: ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 74 TR-6 thermostatic switch
From: JERRYTOY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 23:19:01 -0400
NOTES:  I highly recommend folks into a restoration obtain a copy of an
originail sales brochure for their year/vintage of TR6.  It helped me loads
considering the $12.00 I paid at a british Car meet.  Really handle for how
lines run.

In my notes below I refer to the TRF , Spare Parts catalog, Vol. I. page 100
 (What a asset)  Mine has tons of crib notes now.

1.  FI port is plugged, small domed rubber cap. (Probably was for fuel
injection?)

2.  C port is elbow to small black hose to elbow to fuel trap.  See hose #5
     After fuel trap to hose #14 to lower fitting on front carb.

3.  D port is hose #2, small black hose to vac fitting on distributor.
 Notice small clip
    #4 holds line to fuel line.  Vac hose runs over alternator then clips to
fuel line, then
    swings around outside on distributor and into vac.

4.  M port goes from an elbow into some larger, green plastic hose #8, then
elbow
     into the second fuel trap.  Note fuel trap mount onto a plate with
curved lip in front
     that mounts under the thermostat housing.  You can still get these!
     Then exits lower end of fuel trap via another elbow and goes to green
hose #17 .
     Into a sleeve as shown on page 100, then into white plastic elbow that
is
     connected to front carb and onto next carb...Hose #23 between carbs is
also
     green.

Big challange is that when ordering some of the hoses and rubber elbows they
did not fit tight or just plain appeared to be wrong.  I found that to be the
case with TRF and Moss parts.  My advice, order all the parts, fit them to
each component to test fit.  Do this SEVERAL weeks before you plan on doing
the project.  Anything wrong can be re-ordered from the "other" company until
you get it correct.  I did a 100% rebuild you are correct when you asume you
are going to have a couple of elbows left over etc.  Also found it hard at
the time to source the green hose, may be better now?  Left me know if can
not source the green hose.

Hope this helps and hope someone saves this in a key site, say the site
maintained by Streeter?  If anyone has his address handy in your address page
you might forward it to him for me.

Jerry Lloyd
1974 TR6  (Just completed every nut and bolt, down to bare metal....engine
bay and
                 engine rebuild, hence the use of originial factory sales
flyer.)
#CF13143UO
Seattle