Re: TR6 - Half Shafts

To: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 - Half Shafts
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 11:27:09 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ken Streeter wrote:
>If anybody has actually read this far, I've got a question about this -- when
>removing the hub, two of the six nyloc nuts were more firmly attached to the
>hub mounting stud than the stud was to the trailing arm.  How is one supposed
>to tighten down a stud -- apparently I must be needing to buy another tool!

Ken:
I was also very puzzled about the way the hub is held in place the first
time I took it off. I am surprised that the hubs don't pull out of the
trailing arms as the aluminium dissolves around the steel studs. This seems
like the perfect place to put in some Helicoil inserts.

Studs get put in until they bottom out; usually you just thread them in by
hand. Snap-On makes some real neat stud inserters, BTW.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951