Re: Crack testing

To: <wise@VAXA.CIS.UWOSH.EDU>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crack testing
From: <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 15:33:30 -0700
>        What can anybody out there tell me about crack testing?  How does
>it work?  What does it cost?  Can an average Joe do it at home?

I had 5 TR4 rear axles, 5 rear hubs, 5 rear wheel bearing housings, 4
front hubs, and 2 complete sets of front suspension (upper & lower
arms, vertical links, brake caliper brackets, fulcrum pins, stub axles)
done for about $300. They told me it would have cost less had I cleaned
up the parts first, as they charge by the hour. I learned well and the
second batch was much less costly than the first. The place that did it
was recommended to me by a metalurgist, who I work corners with. I
later found out they do the suspension testing for Payton-Coyne racing.
Hope this helps.

Irv