Re: Crack testing -Reply

To: matthews@apple.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crack testing -Reply
From: TLEAKE@novell.com (Tom Leake)
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 10:49:01 -0600
>> > Subject: Crack testing
>> >  What can anybody out there tell me about crack testing?  How
does
> > it work?  What does it cost?  Can an average Joe do it at home?
> >
> > Bob Wise
>>I belive what they are refering to is a process called Magnafluxing.
>>It involves metal filings and powerful electromagnets to detect cracks
>>that may not be visible to the naked eye.
>>John Matthews
>>'61 Herald

There is another procedure that can be used that involves the use of
 penetrating dyes Pegasus Racing 800-688-6946
sells a kit with the three dyes (this set does not require expensive
 "black light" sources), for about $30  I believe.

Thanks
Tom Leake
65 TR4a IRS
Opinions expressed do not reflect those of my employer