Re: Crack testing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, wise@VAXA.CIS.UWOSH.EDU
Subject: Re: Crack testing
From: "Kurt Oblinger" <Kurt_Oblinger_at_AWP450@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Thu, 09 May 96 16:29:33 EST
>        What can anybody out there tell me about crack testing?  How does
>it work?  What does it cost?  Can an average Joe do it at home?

>Bob Wise

There are two basic types of crack testing that I am familiar with, dye
penetrant and magnetic particle usually called "Magnafluxing" (I believe
"Magnaflux" is a trade name).

Both type can be done in the home shop. I attended a lecture at the Petersen
Auto Museum where this was demonstarted.

Copies of an article written by the lecturer were provided and I should have a
copy somewhere. If you send me your postal address I'll sen you a copy, when I
find it.

Cheers
Kurt (I want to do everything myself!) Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.