Re: TR 6 Horn

To: Neil Beasley <74741.2020@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: TR 6 Horn
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 12:01:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 11:42 AM 5/2/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm trying to get the 76 TR 6 ready to pass the Texas Vehicle Inspection test
>and the horn has to work to do this(and for other good reasons). Now it just
>beeps  when I ground it using a screwdriver to the metal streering column --no
>continuous blow. It did blow several times when I first started grounding
it and
>then stopped. I cleaned the contact points on the connector brush  and on the
>relay. The voltage between the sliding contact point on the connector brush and
>ground is right at 12v. Changing the rotation position of the steering wheel
>doesn't help. It still just beeps when ground contact is made and then no
>further noise.
>
>Anybody have any idea where I should look next?
>
>Thanks

Neil,

        Does the horn relay click every time you press the horm contact on
the steering wheel? Also, disconnect the horn, and apply 12V accross the 2
contacts
of the the horn itself. Does the horn work as expected? Check with a
voltmemter if you are getting a constant
12V at the horn contacts when the horn switch is depressed.

                Jeff Nathanson