TR 6 Horn

To: Unknown <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 6 Horn
From: Neil Beasley <74741.2020@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 May 96 11:42:34 EDT
Hello all,

I'm trying to get the 76 TR 6 ready to pass the Texas Vehicle Inspection test
and the horn has to work to do this(and for other good reasons). Now it just
beeps  when I ground it using a screwdriver to the metal streering column --no
continuous blow. It did blow several times when I first started grounding it and
then stopped. I cleaned the contact points on the connector brush  and on the
relay. The voltage between the sliding contact point on the connector brush and
ground is right at 12v. Changing the rotation position of the steering wheel
doesn't help. It still just beeps when ground contact is made and then no
further noise.

Anybody have any idea where I should look next?

Thanks

Neil
Longview, Tx
76 TR 6