Re: Webers or SUs, that's the question

To: Bill Lattimer <m22@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: Webers or SUs, that's the question
From: Robert Rhodes <aa101479@dasher.csd.scarolina.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 22:19:53 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "VanDerLet, Ronald" <RLET@wcnd.utrecht.ATTGIS.COM>, british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net

On Mon, 22 May 1995, Bill Lattimer wrote:

> Uh, what do you think this engine is - a small block chevy?  If you're
> looking for that type of HP, you'll need a higher CR, more cam, etc.  On
> my 1.8 liter 'B, a header and sidedraft Weber only added ~8 HP (up to 62
> @ 3750 RPM), although the torque was up a fair bit (muddled numbers :(
> and the driveability improvements were significant.

        As long as we're talking about carbs and all I'd like to mention
that I have a sidedraft mikuni which I for some reason could never get to
run very well on my B for sale.  I ran into a huge flat spot just off
idle although it did make good power after that.  If anyone interested
I'd like $150.00 or interesting trades.  I would like a tube shock
conversion set, or maybe an interior kit, or something interesting.  I
also have lots of other bits off of a rubber bumper MGB GT if anyone
needs a particular part.

        Rob In Columbia, S.C.