Reverse Light Switch

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reverse Light Switch
From: "David" <popeye444@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:50:23 -0600
Listers,

Help! The link below is a picture of the transmission on my Mk3 69 Spitfire.
I'm troubleshooting all the electrical on this car after it sat for many
years. I got everything working except the reverse lights. I found the 2
wires that should have been connected to the tranny reverse switch actally
connected to the + coil. Both wires were connected to the same terminal.
This caused the reverse lights to be on all the time. The POs solution was
to take the bulbs out of the fixtures. I tried to find the switch on the
tranny that they should be connected to but could not find a switch of any
kind anywhere on the tranny. Here is a picture of my tranny. Any hints? My
GT6 has the reverse switch where the arrow points. On this tranny there
doesn't even look like there a cutout for it. Is there some secret location
for a reverse switch on the 69 spit? Also, I believe this may not be the
original tranny. It has some hand written markings on the top of it that I
cant read but reminds me of the way a junk yard marks parts. Any help you
can provide in locating the reverse switch is very appreciated.

Link to picture of the tranny:
http://home.comcast.net/~popeye444/ReverseSwitch.htm

David Gates  (Popeye444@comcast.net)
Shelton, Washington
1967 GT6 Comm#KC5188L, Engine#KC5598E
Undergoing full frame off restoration
1969 Spitfire Comm#FDU47651L, Engine#FK30801UE
Driver, rough but it drives and getting better every weekend

===     http://www.vtr.org