Re: >>NASS GT6 driveshaft out of phase? now Rotoflex rear hub

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: >>NASS GT6 driveshaft out of phase? now Rotoflex rear hub
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:09:41 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2006 11:27:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
zoboherald@aol.com writes:

Question: in the absence of anything else obvious, to you all think  that
this [out-of-phase driveshaft] might be more than enough to  cause the
vibration in the driveline?

And you all concurred that "yes" was the answer. Well, yes WAS the answer  to
that problem, but it wasn't all. There is still noise and vibration that
appears to be coming from BOTH (!) rear hubs on the GT6+. Darn.

Any tricks of the trade, shortcuts or other tips for replacing the  bearings?
(Yes, I do have the workshop manual, so I know what's involved.)  Thanks in
advance for any advice.

Last time I had a rear hub bearing problem was circa 1977, and my local
Triumph dealer service department was good enough to fix it for me. That's
hardly
an option now. :-(

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org