Re: GT6 Fuel Pump In A Spitfire?

To: cfoster@eppcon.com
Subject: Re: GT6 Fuel Pump In A Spitfire?
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:41:16 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/2005 3:53:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cfoster@eppcon.com writes:

Yes...  otherwise when you start the car, the lever breaks off quite
quickly and  ends up in your oil pan.... ask me how I know...

Yep, Ask me how I know that you need to remove the oil pan to get the
remains of that lever out of the sump?  I am still running my original 1300
pump so
does anyone know what it takes to replace a 1300 Spitfire fuel  pump?  Can
you still buy them?
I thought the spacer came to play just on 1500's. There is a big  difference
between the two original pumps at least in outward appearance.   I thought
that the lever that broke off the pump on my 1300 was  because it was a cheap
repro. I had it in there for around five minutes only to  spend 4 hours getting
the dang thing off and out of the sump and my old original  back on.
Now I'm Confused,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org