Re: GT6 Fuel Pump In A Spitfire?

To: TR250Driver@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT6 Fuel Pump In A Spitfire?
From: Adam Rodnitzky <arodnitzky@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:25:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Darrell,

This is what I thought. The vendor is insisting that
the only difference between a GT6 pump and a Spitfire
pump is the location on the outside of the pump for
the screw-in fuel fittings.
>From the problem I am having during installation, I
imagine the camshaft in the GT6 engine block is set
further in than the cam in the Spitfire 1300 engine.
Basically, when I put the pump on, the cam lever is
compressed to the limit, whether the eccentric lobe on
the camshaft is pointed towards the lever or away from
the lever.

Thanks,

Adam

--- TR250Driver@aol.com wrote (edited):
I would say no way...The GT6 pump will also fit a TR6
but not even close on a Spitfire 1300.

===     http://www.vtr.org