GT6 Fuel Pump In A Spitfire?

To: Spitfire Digest <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 Fuel Pump In A Spitfire?
From: Adam Rodnitzky <arodnitzky@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:13:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I just purchased a fuel pump from a vendor for my '70
Spitfire Mk3. It simply doesn't seem to be working in
my car. When I put it in, the camshaft-operated lever
gets fully compressed, and hence it won't pump, and I
can't even use the priming lever to get fuel going
through the system.
The vendor insists that the pumps between the GT6 and
Spitfire are interchangeable. I am not convinced, as
the last pump I had (Spit-specific) installed easily
and worked great.

Am I right, or is he?

Thanks!

Adam