Re: Wiring Harness Installation - Spitfire

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness Installation - Spitfire
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:43:55 -0700
Mark,

I don't agree that re-routing the wiring from the frame is necessarily a good
idea, as it will put more stress on the harness every time you choose to
remove the shrouds to work on the engine.  I wouldn't want my loom flopping
around like that, but to each his own.

I did however, re-route the rear harness through the inner sill.  Details as
to why and photos here:

http://www.totallytriumph.net/spitfire/painting_assembly2.shtml

This worked out very well, and because the access ports into and out of the
sill are rounded off, there are no sharp edges on the sheetmetal to concern
yourself with.

Take care,

Jeff in San Diego

1968 Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Back on the road 3/17/03... right back off six days later...
Visit the Totally Triumph Network
"Friendly and focused discussion of all things Triumph!"
www.TotallyTriumph.net