RE: Wiring Harness Installation - Spitfire

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wiring Harness Installation - Spitfire
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:58:30 -0400
Folks,
Please be careful routing wire that might possibly be flexed.
The wire that comes on our LBC's is some of the cheapest available.
It is NOT made to flex, the wire is stranded but that doesn't matter one
bit. The wire will fail if flex at the same spot. Period.

The material that most have been referring to is called convoluted loom. It
comes in Polypropylene, Nylon and PVC.
It's under the hoods of many cars.
There are sleevings made from just about anything, Teflon, Polyolefin, PVC,
Irradiated Poly, Neoprene, you name it. Some are cheap some are expensive.

But if you have a wire question, CALL me, or e-mail me off list.
Because you see, this is what I do for a living.
Beer and Spit Parts get expensive.
I guess I need to add the Family in there also.