Re: Wiring Harness Installation - Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness Installation - Spitfire
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 10:46:18 -0700
It would seem to me putting the wiring harness up at the top of the valance
invites damage from accessing the engine.  Typically once you have the
wiring harness in place, that's it- you don't touch it again. The frame
rails are a good spot for this, though you might want to put it in some of
the split poly loom used in today's autos.

Custom auto builders put the wiring *inside* the frame rails after they
have boxed it in.  It was tempting when I had my frame fully exposed on
jackstands.  It wouldn't be hard to enclose all of it.  A whole lot of
welding though.

-Vegaman Dan