Re: Overdrive questions x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive questions x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:44:56 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>

> I don't see what all the
> fuss is about with overdrives.   Just another bloody thing to go wrong,
> IMHO.   Save your money for use when you need it.

Hi Mike,
    The overdrive units are generally extremely reliable - in all the years
I've had overdrive equipped cars I've had one solenoid failure through a burnt
winding, no other mechanical or electrical failures whatsoever. I've yet to
meet an owner of an overdrive equipped car who would happily be without the
feature. As most of my Heralds are on the Mk1 chassis it's a constant
frustration that they can't accomodate overdrive....
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics