Compare and Contrast

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Compare and Contrast
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:59:51 +0100
Dear All,

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to forget how much fun a Spitfire is
when you don't drive one for a few weeks?

I had been toying with the idea of selling Carly, my Spitfire, having
recently bought myself a 4-seater classic Triumph convertible (which is
a very enjoyable car in itself).   Today, whilst the 1200 was in the
garage having a full mechanical inspection and service, I needed to nip
over to TRGB to pick up a few parts, so I took Carly out for a spin.
Wow!   A beautiful classic with fabulous cornering ability; excellent
acceleration; modern(-ish) information for the driver, and highly
responsive steering and suspension!   I've just reminded myself why I've
spent so much time and money on my Spit.   There is no way that I am
selling Carly.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie - 1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV