RE: '78 music

To: "'Michael Hargreave Mawson'" <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: '78 music
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:52:59 +0100
As Mike and several others pointed out, my selection isn't exclusively '78.
I did say "give or take a little" in my original e-mail!!  Basically, a lot
of the bands I wanted either didn't release anything in '78, or at least
nothing noteworthy (after all the Sex Pistols were defunct before that year
was a month old!), so I tried to pick the songs that they released closest
to '78 that were worth listening to.  I went no more than one year either
side!

The AC/DC one was, by the way, '77, off "Let There Be Rock", with Bon Scott
still on vocals.  By '80 Bon was dead and we were into "Back In Black" era.
You might call me up on my knowledge of some of these bands, but never
AC/DC!

Judas Priest (and Ted Nugent) more heavy metal than hard rock, but I like
them.  And ZZ Top were definitely going since the mid-70's - the track I
picked was from somthing like their 3rd or 4th album.

But, Mike, I have to agree with all of your extra suggestions.  Problem is,
I haven't actually got a copy of any of those songs...

Richard

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email