Re: Triumph Hypochondria

To: goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re: Triumph Hypochondria
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 00:46:19 -0500 (EST)
This _really_ brings back memories!  When I retired my first Spitfire
(as I recall in 1977; vehicle was a '69 Mk-3) I took a quick look at
my receipts -- about 1300USD in parts over the three years (exhaust,
trans parts, clutches, half-shafts, fuel, oil, paint, UJs, synchro
springs and rings, gasket sets --- [how that all added up to $1300,
I'll never know]) -- which was about what I paid for it 75000 miles
earlier!  I thought it was a pretty good deal, overall.

In the very end, I stopped driving it because the outer
sills were totally rotted and the clutch would not disengage.  Now
that I am older and ?wiser?, I'm thinking the thrust washers had
dropped.  Live and learn.  I hope.

Donald.