RE: Waterpump question

To: "'mayer49@netscape.net'" <mayer49@netscape.net>
Subject: RE: Waterpump question
From: "Pettis, Ward (NIDCD)" <pettisw@ms.nidcd.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:21:22 -0500
Dave,

Sounds like you're on the right track.  I just took a look in the catalog
and it does appear that the pump housing that you have would fit any
spitfire.  If you plan to use a fan for a MK3, then you would have to buy
another water pump.  If for the time being you want to use that water pump
(not leaking) in your pictures, then you'll need to keep that clutch and fan
(75-78 1500) on since the older fans won't fit on the shaft of the newer
pump.

Did anyone answer your question how to take off the clutch?  If not, I used
a puller last January from a friend.  It's possible to tap it out gently
with a wooden dowel if you could support the clutch or the body....

Ward