Re: waterpump question

To: mayer49@netscape.net
Subject: Re: waterpump question
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:42:56 -0700
Dave, the "big silver thing" is the fan clutch. Looks like someone put a
later pump onto your 68. Mine for example is a 76 and has the fan blades
attached to the clutch. That should turn stiffly in relation to the pump
shaft. I saw the fan blades in the background. I believe your car
originally had a different fan blade connected directly.

It should  be driven off. I clamped the clutch and suing a socket as a
drift drove the shaft out of the center. There is a small thin spring
clip thing that wraps round the shaft. Look at the later 1500 stuff in
the manuals or catalogues and you'll see all this.

Alan