Re: AutoX tires ?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoX tires ?
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 05:02:47 +0800
Terry and Nolan - thanks for the tire info.

I went to the Tire Rack site and found they can sell me Yokohama AVS
Intermediate's at $61 per tire.  This is for a 185/60-R14 with a VR speed
rating.  These tires run 910 revolutions per mile, which is very close to the
original tires my 1980 Spitfire came with.

Anybody think I will have clearance problems with that size tire?  I will
probably put a pair of old used tires of that size on a pair of my wheels and
see if I have any problems before I order up a set of four new ones.

One thing I was impressed with was the user's reviews said the tires were very
predictable and easy to drive right to the limit.  Lots of positive reviews
from autocross drivers. These should be just what I need.

Thanks again!

Joe Guinan
spitfirejoe@email.com