Re: AutoX tires ?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoX tires ?
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:12:13 -0800 (PST)
I agree with Nolan, that the Yokohama AVS
Intermediates are perportedly a fantastic performance
tire at <$60 tire. They come in atleast two 13" sizes
including a 205/60R13.

If you do little street driving and can see your way
to digging out about $120/tire you can afford the
Yokohama A032R tire, which has a wicked tread pattern
and the coumpounds often referred to as installing
"asphalt adhesive". And is one of the most driver
recommended DOT rated, street usable tires. They come
in a 215/50VR13 size which fits a 5.5"-8.5" wide rim.

I often peruse the deals on www.tirerack.com and they
have customer reviews, as well as a survey rating
system (1-10) for weather conditions and tire
endurance. Obviously, different tires act differently
on different cars though, so I suppose you need to
take each endorsement with a grain of salt.

The A032R's rated over 9 (1-10 scale) in Dry traction,
Cornering and steering response. The AVS Int's were
rated in the high eights in the same category. Both
tires are considered useless in snow.

-Terry
P.S. I've been warned about having too much traction
with too much HP (not a problem at the moment for me),
as people have been known to twist their half-shafts
into pretzels.
http://sports.yahoo.com