Re: AutoX tires ?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <Mayer49@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: AutoX tires ?
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:14:57 -0500
The Falken Azenis is the current hot ticket low buck autocross tire.
Unfortunately, it doesn't come in a 13 inch rim size.

The Sumitomo HTR100 is no longer in production.  That was the sleeper for
autocrossing.  The HTR50 is a lesser tire.  I'm personally running the HTR4 on
a street vehicle, and have found the tire to be quite good. But it will not
compete in an autocross against the likes of the Yokohama AVS Intermediate.

Kumho Victoracer is another very good autocross tire.  Not as cheap as the
Sumitomo was, or the Falken is, but at least it's available in the 13 inch rim
size.

Dunlop and Pirelli do not have decent autocross tires.

You didn't mention Yokohama, they have the AVS Intermediate which is another
very good autocross tire.  It's dated now, and certainly not the hottest
ticket, but it's still quite a good autocross tire, in your price range, and
fits a Spitfire's 13 inch rims.

>>> <Mayer49@netscape.net> 02/22/02 03:05AM >>>
Hello Y'all,
  GOt a question for all you autocrossers out there that know a lot about
tires.  I am looking for sub-$100 ea. tires that will up performance.
Does anyone have opinions about Kumho, Pirelli, Sumitomo, or Dunlop?  Those are
some of the ones i have seen that fit my budget and are rated well for racing
purposes.
Any sort of suggestions of yay/nay on those i just mentioned would be greatly
appreciated.