Re: Automatic transmission

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Automatic transmission
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 12:53:09 -0700
Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

> (BTW, Joe, I don't know how long you are anticipating living, but I
> reckon that these will certainly be "high-value collector cars" within
> the next forty years or so - and I'm only 34...)

Well, since I am on the other end of the curve (will be 55 on April Fool's
Day), I suspect you have a much better chance of seeing them become high
dollar cars than I do.

Another issue is where you are located.  In Europe they apparently are valued
higher than in the states.  I guess it has to do with how widely they
were distributed in the particular area.  I have noticed that there are many US
spec cars registered in the database as residing in Europe.  That in
itself speaks volumes since it is no trivial matter to ship one across the pond!

I only HOPE I am around 40 years from now!!!

Joe