Re: Automatic transmission

To: "Ken St.John at Twangdemonium" <stjohnkj@twangdemonium.com>
Subject: Re: Automatic transmission
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 11:36:42 -0700
"Ken St.John at Twangdemonium" wrote:

> I guess the question I have is how many people have a truly stock original
> Spit and just how much are we allowed to modify them????  Who decides this?

You are the one who decides!  Since it is your car and your money, do what
suits you best.  These cars although wonderfully styled are not likely to
ever become high value collector cars (at least in my lifetime), so doing
whatever you want makes perfect sense.  If you want to make a highway driver
out of it, by all means go with either a larger engine or at least n overdrive
gearbox.  Go for style, performance and reliability and you won't ever
regret it.  If you can, build it so that if later you change your mind, you can
always put it back to stock.

> I just don't want to see them crushed.

Me neither!  Welcome to the wonderful world of "Roundtail Snobs"!!   :)

Joe