trunnions

Subject: trunnions
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:08:26 +0100 (BST)
I am in the process of replacing the trunnions on my 1500 (as well as
the rest of the front suspension, my first big job that I have
undertaken myself!).

The new pair that I have appear to be indentical to each other except
for a blob of blue paint on one of them.  I believe that trunnions
are handed so how do I know which side is which?

In my Haynes manual it looks like the trunnions actually look
different, one side being a bit longer with an extra bit at the
bottom, although new trunnions (from looking in parts catalogues)
don't seem to have this extra bit.  Has the design changed over the
years?

Any thoughts on this?

cheers
John