RE: Hello Again!

To: "'Michael Hargreave Mawson'" <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hello Again!
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:39:05 +0100
Mike wrote:

>>  I must confess
>>that I have bought my sisters Fiat Uno off her, so Daffy will be relieved
>>from her daily driving duties when the really fierce weather turns up, and
>>if she's really lucky she will even get a garage to rest in!
>
>That seems rather defeatist.   I doubt that there are any road
>conditions that a Fiat Uno can cope with that Daffy cannot.

Based on a couple previous scary moments, I find a front-wheel-drive car a
little more secure when the surface gets really slippery.  Also, if the snow
gets deep the skinnier tyres (to cut through the snow) and the increased
ground clearance of the Uno may help.  Primarily, though, I'm thinking of
Daffy's well-being - the damp weather is bound to accelerate the rust as it
is, without driving her around when the roads have been salted, to make it
even worse!

Glad to hear the weather is as bad down your way as it is up here, at least
I'm not missing out on anything!   BTW, did you ever find that chrome strip
for the back of the hard-top?

Richard & Daffy