Re: Hello Again!

To: "'Spitfire List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Hello Again!
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:33:55 -0600
>Hello again people, Daffy and I are back after about 3 weeks

away!

>We have moved house, home, jobs, cars and family from southern

England to
>northern Scotland - Aberdeen to be precise.

If I ever get to the British Isles to visit people, Aberdeen will
have to be a major stop as I know at least a half dozen people
there!

>  The up-side?

There's an "up-side"? ;-) Not according to most I know there...

>The

roads here
>are brilliant, some wide and windy with some good overtaking

opportunities,
>some tighter and twistier to really push that road-holding to the

limit.

Ah yes, the roads-I do know one other fellow who's a "driver" up
there-only he has Alfas! Sounds fun!

>The down-side - it's bloody cold,

lol-I could have told you that-a friend of mine telephoned not
long again from Aberdeen-all I've heard from him for the last 3
years is how miserable the weather. (And how slim the prospects
for a guy who is single.)

> and I am already wishing I had

the
>hard-top on, which I normally avoid until we are at least in

October
>(eternally optimistic for a nice day!).  Unfotunately it is in

storage,
>until we complete buying a home (which may take some time), so

for the mean
>time I have to wear a nice thick coat!

I leave the top down year round. I find the fleece vest to be of
great help under the coat. (I also have a "lap blanket".) Yes, it
can get cold in Southern California in the winter-especially near
the ocean (which is where I live) and especially at night.

>Daffy survived the 10-hour trip north with no problems at all,

mostly on
>motorways at 75-odd mph, so she deserves praise for that.  I must

confess
>that I have bought my sisters Fiat Uno off her, so Daffy will be

relieved
>from her daily driving duties when the really fierce weather

turns up, and
>if she's really lucky she will even get a garage to rest in!

Kudos to Daffy! (Lucky her, should she gt to rest in a garage!
Nigel is green with envy!)

I love the Fiat Uno! (Had an old boyfriend who had one when they
first came out...)

Welcome back! (And a pat for Daffy)

Laura G. and Nigel