Re: RE: Chromed windshield frame?

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Subject: Re: RE: Chromed windshield frame?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, Sep 5 2000 13:43:32 GMT-0600
>To touch on the originality topic.
>I have a problem with someone tell me that so and so is not "original".
>It's my car, I drive it, I will never to a concourse, my attitude is, if I
>like it I will put it on the car. I answer to no one for "MY" car.
>So if you like the look of the chrome windscreen by all means do it. You
>never know it might be the thing that someone else wants to do but is too
>conservative to try.

I agree. I have a friend who just finished restoring (himself) a 1960 MGA-it's
GORGEOUS! It's not restored to completely original-but the things he changed
are so well done, and completely in the spirit of the original, that only a
concours judge could object. And he can really enjoy it. (I know I did, the
other day!)

I like my car to look as original as possible-but still enjoy the performance
and the appearence. I think it does. And like you said, Craig-that's the
omportant thing.

I say, go for it! I think chroming the windshield frame is a great idea! Can't
wait to see it!

Laura G.