Dual SU's & ECV

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dual SU's & ECV
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 17:52:09 -0600
All
 A few questions before I buy some items.

 This is for a 1296cc motor with the dual SU manifold

 There is a spacer gasket between the SU carbs and Manifold.
 Do I really need those?  I can get shorter bolts so that I can
 Bolt the carbs on using the regular gaskets.  My problem is paying
 Vic brit 12.95 a piece, and I need 2 of them.

 There is an Emission Control Valve that goes to the intake manifold,
 the other end goes to the Valve cover.
 Do I really need that or can I plug the intake and run the valve
 cover to one of the filter assembly's

THnx
Pat 63 Spitfire (gonna start that motor up this weekend)