Re: Brakes

To: PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:46:13 EST
In a message dated 11/23/99 11:24:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil writes:

<< It is my understanding from the last few posts that one of the brake shoes
 is mounted upside down???

 Please someone clarify, symetrical/asymetrical, upside down or not.

 Patrick Bowen

Patrick,

I'm not sure which is setup symetrical and which isn't, but, on one shoe,
there is a rectangular hole that is at the top of the brake shoe on one side
(toward the front) and accepts what I think is the emergency brake actuator
at the top. That rectangular hole should be at the bottom on the other side
(the shoe toward the back of the car). I can e-mail you a scan of an
illustration if you need it.

Good luck,

Tom Burke